The Kefalonia and Ithaca Hotel Association was founded in 1983. The first Managing board was:
- Kores Nikiforos - President
- Nelly Kontodimou - Vice president
- Giorgos Lorentzatos - Gen. Secretary
- Spiros Galiatsatos - Financial director
- Spiros Fokas - Member
Mr Nikiforos Kores was president until 1993, when he passed the presidentship to Mr. Spiros Galiatsatos, who was chairman for 21 consecutive years.
The current board of directors is:
- Gerasimos Timotheatos - President
- Gerasimos Strintzis - Vice President
- Nikos Kourkoumelis - Gen. Secretary
- Konstandina Charitou - Financial Director
- Omiros Kostopoulos - Public relations
The representatives of the union at the Hellenic Hoteliers Association are: Spiros Galiatsatos, Pagoulatos Gerasimos, Staveris Dimitris, Benetatos Errikos, Kapatos Ioannis, Kourkoumelis Nikos, Iordanidis Ioannis, Psallidas Petros.
The aim of the Association is the representation of the Hoteliers in various forums in Greece and abroad, promoting Tourism in Kefalonia and Ithaca. Some of the forums in which the Association is represented are the Prefectural Committee of Tourism Promotion, as well as the Company for Tourism Development and Promotion. The Association takes part in several exhibitions every year in Greece and abroad, it invites several journalists and key players in the tourism business in cooperation with other associations and interested parties (Association of Apartments, Chamber of commerce, tourist agents etc) in order to promote and maximize the incoming tourism in Kefalonia and Ithaca.